The Resource Martin L. "Marty" Daneman papers, 1942-1945
- Martin L. "Marty" Daneman papers, 1942-1945
- Inclusive dates
- United States
- Miller, Lois Zora -- Archives
- Camp Swift (Tex.)
- United States
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence
- Camp Hale (Colo.)
- Administrative records
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc -- Archives
- Daneman, Martin L, 1925- -- Archives
- United States
- The collection contains correspondence sent to and received by Daneman from future wife, Lois Zora Miller, friends and family members while he was stationed in Colo. and Italy (1942-1945); memorabilia (1942, 1945, n.d.); National Association of the 19th Mountain Division: Armadillo Chapter administrative and reunion records (1985-2003, n.d.)
- Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Biographical or historical data
- "Marty" Daneman was born in Brooklyn, N.Y. in 1925 and volunteered for service with the 10th Mountain Division on his eighteenth birthday in 1943. He arrived at Camp Hale, Colo. in April of that year and was initially assigned to the 86th Infantry Regiment, but later served with Headquarters Company, 2nd Battalion of the 85th Infantry. Daneman was also stationed at Camp Swift, Tex. before being sent to Italy. He received the Combat Infantryman Badge, Good Conduct medal, Bronze Star medal with oak leaf clusters and the European-African-Middle East campaign ribbon with two battle stars. Daneman attained the rank of corporal. For many years he has been active in the National Association of the 10th Mountain Division and is also the founder and chairman emeritus of the Association's Armadillo Chapter.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Martin L. "Marty" Daneman papers, 1942-1945
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Martin L. "Marty" Daneman papers, 1942-1945
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.denverlibrary.org/resource/O15mKxYw72o/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.denverlibrary.org/resource/O15mKxYw72o/">Martin L. "Marty" Daneman papers, 1942-1945</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.denverlibrary.org/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.denverlibrary.org/">Denver Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Denver Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.