The Resource John Duffy papers, 1943-2009
- John Duffy papers, 1943-2009
- Inclusive dates
- Collection contains materials related to Duffy's work as at the National Association of the 10th Mountain Division including information about: chapter meetings, executive committee meetings, board of directors meetings, correspondence, financial materials, membership information, reunion information, research projects and website information. Reference and research materials on WWII and the 10th Mountain Division, copies of intelligence reports during the Italian Campaign, large format copies of articles from period magazines, chronology, notes, research materials, clippings and articles
- Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Biographical or historical data
- John Duffy was born in Watertown, Mass. on January 28, 1925, but spent his early life in the Bronx, N.Y. He enlisted in the Army on August 27, 1943 at New York City, N.Y and received his basic training at Fort McClellan, Ala. At the time of enlistment he was unmarried and had completed three years of high school. In 1944, Duffy served in the Mediterranean Theater of Operations with Allied Force Headquarters in Africa and Southern Italy. In March 1945, he joined the 10th Mountain Division, assigned to the 85th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Battalion Headquarters Company communications platoon as a field telephone repairman. After the war, Duffy graduated Manhattan College, New York City, N.Y. as an electrical engineer, later earning his Masters in business administration at St. Johns University (1963). Retired in 1995 after 45 years as an engineering department manager for Unisys Corporation. Extremely active with the National Association of the 10th Mountain Division since joining the Alumni Association in the late 1940s, serving as chapter and national president.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of John Duffy papers, 1943-2009
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work John Duffy papers, 1943-2009
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.denverlibrary.org/resource/XxiNwRSlcB8/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.denverlibrary.org/resource/XxiNwRSlcB8/">John Duffy papers, 1943-2009</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.denverlibrary.org/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.denverlibrary.org/">Denver Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Denver Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...