The Resource Hugh W. Evans papers, 1942-2009
- Hugh W. Evans papers, 1942-2009
- Inclusive dates
- Clippings (information artifacts)
- United States
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc
- Ski troops
- Mountain warfare
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives
- Camp Swift (Tex.)
- United States
- Camp Hale (Colo.)
- International Federation of Mountain Soldiers
- Camp Carson (Colo.)
- Administrative records
- Evans, Hugh W, 1924- -- Archives
- United States
- Includes expense reports, budgets, minutes, agendas and reports from the National Association of the 10th Mountain Division; correspondence from affiliated organizations of the 10th Mountain Division such as International Federation of Mountain Soldiers and the 10th Mountain Division Resource Center; 2007 10th Mountain Division reunion materials: correspondence, clippings, tour notes, photographs. Personal papers include correspondence that Evans wrote and received following his tenure as association president and chairman of the board, manuscripts, articles, newspaper clippings, family correspondence, copies of military orders, drawings, memorabilia, reunion materials, photographs and documents related to Evans' World War II service. Audio-visual materials include programs about the 10th Mountain Division and related information on VHS, VHS C, DVD and CD. Brochures, guides, maps, correspondence related to the the Return to Italy tour, May-June 2009
- Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Biographical or historical data
- Hugh Evans was born in San Francisco, Calif. in 1924. He attended Philips Exeter Academy before enlisting in the U.S. Army in 1943. Evans transferred to the 10th Mountain Division and was stationed at Camp Hale, Colo., Camp Carson, Colo. and Camp Swift, Tex. He served as an infantryman in Companies A and C of the 85th Regiment achieving the rank of Platoon Sergeant. During combat operations in Italy, Evans was wounded in action near Castel d'Aiano in April 1945 and received a Purple Heart. He was awarded the Silver Star for service at Mount Gorgolesco in February 1945. Following the war, he attended Colorado School of Mines and was recalled to active duty during the Korean War, 1951- 1952. Evans held a number of managerial and executive positions in the mining industry. He is a member of the National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, served on board of directors and as chairman. Instrumental in creating the International Federation of Mountain Soldiers, The Military Mountaineering Advisory Group and the 10th Mountain Division Resource Center. Evan is also the author of a book and numerous articles dealing with the 10th Mountain Division.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Hugh W. Evans papers, 1942-2009
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Hugh W. Evans papers, 1942-2009
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.denverlibrary.org/resource/oEa81_Xpjyw/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.denverlibrary.org/resource/oEa81_Xpjyw/">Hugh W. Evans papers, 1942-2009</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.denverlibrary.org/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.denverlibrary.org/">Denver Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Denver Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.